Chuckadice: Wargames TaKtiX

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Civilisation the boardgame

Last night five of us played Civilisation, the boardgame that the computer game is based on, which also has a boardgame based on it! Confused, you should be.

Things I like about the game - Well, most of it really. The basic game mechanics work well and the calamities do spice up the turns. I also like the trading side of it.

Thing I don't like about the game - Multiple calamities hitting in a single turn. Last time we played I was knocked out of the game by three calamities all hitting me in one turn. This is much less likely to happen this time as there are more players, but we are only half way through so things could still go pear shaped.

Things we changed - Grain used against a famine is returned to the resource pile. All areas of the map are used. I think that's about it.

We are playing it again next Monday and will hopefully finish it. We usually play it for one night and then leave it, but not this time. I am currently in the lead, although that means nothing at this point. Best laid plans and all that. Luckily I have a buffer zone between myself and Nathan's aggressive Carthaginian empire, that buffer zone is known as Matt!

3 Comments:

  • Multiple calamities hitting in a single turn. ... This is much less likely to happen this time as there are more players, but we are only half way through so things could still go pear shaped.

    *cough*

    It wasn't even one turn, it was two turns, three calamities. I won't really be much of a buffer zone for you the way things are going...

    Oh, yeah. Mat. No second 't', I've always signed it that way; 'tis useful for online stuff, google finds me easier.

    I'm liking the game anyway, but, well, I'm dying. Badly.

    By Blogger MatGB, at Tuesday, February 07, 2006 10:26:00 pm  

  • What was it you said in para 3 Jason ?
    What could possibly go wrong!

    Hee hee

    By Blogger Zobski, at Tuesday, February 14, 2006 1:26:00 pm  

  • Bleeding stupid game anyway. ;-)

    5 calamities in one turn and 3 civil wars in 4 turns was a bit excessive though.

    By Blogger Grasshopper, at Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:49:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home